Thursday 10 February 2011

Cake Decorating Week 2

After week one of my cake decorating course - where we watched Karen demonstrate how to ice a Victoria Sponge and listen to a few hints and tips - we moved onto Modelling.
I cannot believe how EASY this was and how much fun I had! We started off pretty easy doing a teddy bear and then moved onto an elephant. I decided that I didnt want to do a brwn teddy so I bought some pink icing (like to keep things girly!).
The great thing about icing is if you mess up, you can just start again! And boy did I have to do that a few times! I seem to find it difficult to get my proportions right and kept making the teddy's arms and legs massive in comparison to his body (did the same with the elephants ears too although they are supposed to be bigger but not GIANT!).

Here's some pics!

LM xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment