Friday 25 February 2011

Excessive Tea drinking and Cake talk in Huddersfield!

So this weekend (19th Feb - im a little behind with my blogging!) I went up to Huddersfield to see my friend Danielle. We worked out its been around 2 years since we last saw each other and properly caught up! I was super excited on the train and then she text me to let me know it was SNOWING!! Did a little eek of excitement & then thought practically & realised I was wearing my converse....! Aaaanyway, (Im being typically British and blabbing about the weather again!) the snow didnt last that long.
Danielle has recently started her own cake business called Crumbs Cupcakery and this weekend they had a stall at the local market in Holmfirth. So Saturday was spent baking 50 odd cupcakes, drinking bucket loads of tea and watching a marathon session of four weddings! Danielle was kind enough (or grateful for the extra pair of hands?) to let me bake & ice a few of the cakes which was great practice for me! :D
The market was on Sunday and so we packed up the car & headed over to set up the stall about 8.30am. Crumbs Cupcakery were donating 20% of their takings from the market to the charity Bliss - for babies born too soon, too small, too sick.
Although the market was soo unbelievably cold I really enjoyed hanging out with my friend, talking cake and catching up! She gave me some great advice regarding setting up my own business and basically told me to go for it! :)
I LOVE it when you can sit down with a friend you havent seen or spoken to properly for years and just fall back into the way things were. Once we got all the catching up, the 'OMG your hair is blonde', the 'what have you been doing for the last two years?!' out the way, it was as though we'd only seen each other last week. <3

A FABULOUS WEEKEND ALL ROUND!

Here's a few pics of the cakes & Crumbs Cupcakery's beautiful stall.

LM xXx




1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. And I know exactly the kind of friends you mean! Sign of a true friendship I'd say x

    ReplyDelete