Thursday 10 February 2011

Photo Camp – Feb 2011

I had so much I wanted to write about this weekend at Photo Camp that I had to draft this post in Word.

What an amazing weekend! Although I sometimes got a little lost in all the photography talk I definitely learnt A LOT and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I made a few cupcakes and a surprise Birthday cake for the lovely Claire Penn. I decided to stick with the flavours I made the other week – After Eight Mint & Jammie Dodger and also made some Rum & Ginger ones too! Claire’s cake was a Victoria Sponge and was the first cake I have EVER ICED! I was very happy with the way it turned out!

After baking all night on Thursday evening and then decorating the cakes all night on Friday evening I was pretty shattered by the time I fell into bed on Friday night – but arriving at the Waterside Lodge on Saturday morning I had butterflies in my tummy and I was so excited about what the weekend would bring. 

Once everyone had arrived Jo Rutherford gave a fantastic and inspiring speech that, although it was mainly aimed at all the Photography geeks, (sorry I meant lovely ladies!) I still found that it hit home for me and made me feel really excited about my future!
After this I ran off to go and welcome the models, Kayleigh Jo, Holly Roberts and Gwenaelle Sanchez and Sian Faulkner the make up artist. I wish I could say I worked really hard whilst I was with these guys and it was tough but it was SO MUCH FUN! Watching Sian do all the hair and make up, discussing with everyone how they got into the business & what they did outside of modelling etc. I think I was surprised at how normal everyone was, no divas, and no arrogance just normal lovely people!

Later that evening we all went Bowling, which (and my family and friends will back me up on this) I am so RUBBISH at that I usually refuse to play & I just watch! Plus, I hate wearing the shoes that other people’s feet have been in – bleurgh! However, after all the ladies told me how rubbish they were I decided I’d have a go! I was still rubbish, not sure if I even made it to a score of 50 but I enjoyed myself! Then onto the all you can eat Chinese…YUM! And back to the lodge for yet more alcohol & great conversation (with some ogling of a certain male model from Andrea Ellison!) until the wee hours!

Sunday arrived with a heavy head (from lack of sleep not alcohol!) and we were all ready to do it again! Although the weather was against us (grey skies, hailstones, 50 mph winds) the girls managed to get some amazing shots!

I think my cakes went down pretty well too! After Eight Mint & Jammie Dodger were definite favourites and Claire has informed me that her birthday cake was SCRUMMY too!

Here’s a few pics taken by the fabulous Sara Hazeldine & Claire Penn.

LM xXx







1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha....Lindsay....I don't know what you mean ! lol xxx lovely post and thanks for all your hard work...it was fab...and so were the cakes!!! x

    ReplyDelete